CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Weekend in Sanpete

Memorial Weekend took us to Sanpete county for a stay at the cabin, a visit to some of the local celebrations, and time with friends.

The cabin is always a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We spent some time doing some odds and ends to get it ready for the TRA to use this weekend for the Ratfink Reunion and for the ward to do their Youth Conference.

We also enjoyed visiting Spring City Heritage Days and Ephriam's Scandanavian Festival. We bought some great bread at the Festival.

We made a quick trip to Manti to replace the pink Ratfink Jan had lost and gather a little more info on next weekend as some things have changed this year (no parade). Aud's kids were looking forward to riding behind Jan and I in the parade again this year to throw candy, maybe the Farmington Parade in July.

After the fun and a great BBQ with the Degreys, Paul help show me how to accomplish a modification on my carbs that helps the gas mileage. I filed the tank in Manti, then 20 or so miles to Paul's place, make the mod, a hard test ride (7500 rpms in the first three gears and then slowed down from 90 mph), some more running around in Mt. Pleasant and Spring City, and finally the ride home. A typical tank is good for 125 miles before hitting the reserve, I was 158 miles getting all the way home and took 4.033 gallons to refill. That's 39.18 mpg compared to the usual 30-32 mpg I was getting. I would guess that driving a little more conservatively netted a small increase in mpg to maybe 34-35. I'm happy with the mod's effect so far. I'll run a couple more tanks through and see if it holds and then check the plugs to make sure I'm not too lean.

As enjoyable as the quiet time and ride times are, we ended the weekend with a great BBQ in the back yard with our family. All the special things in one weekend.

1 comments:

Vivian said...

Ok, I was following just fine until the "make sure I'm not too lean" part. I guess I'll ask you about that later. But Yippee! on better gas mileage!